In August 1921 the newspaper "Zviazda" published an article informing that the Central Bureau of the Communist Party of Belarus had taken a decision to divide the city into three areas of party work: Alexandrovsky, Liakhovsky and Tsentralny Districts. Alexandrovsky District was the prototype of Oktyabrsky District.
On 17 March 1938 the Presidium of the Central Executive Committee of the BSSR passed the Decree on the organization of three districts in the city of Minsk: Stalinsky, Voroshilovsky and Kaganovichsky Districts. Kaganovichsky District instead of Alexandrovsky District appeared on the map of Minsk.
Today Oktyabrsky District is a large industrial, scientific and cultural center of Minsk. It is located in the southern part of the city, between Minsk-Brest and Minsk-Homel railways. "Kolyadich" junction and "Sokol" settlement are part of the district.
The district occupies the area of 1927 hectares. Its population is 155400 people.
There are 2950 economic management entities with different types of ownership in the district, including "Keramin" JSC – the largest in Europe enterprise producing building materials; "Integral" Scientific and Production Association – one of the largest developers and producers of electronic engineering products in Eastern Europe; Minsk Meat Factory supplying meat products not only to Minsk but also to other regions of the Republic.
The largest educational establishments are located on the territory of Oktyabrsky District.
- City Authorities
- BODIES OF REPRESENTATIVE POWER
- Minsk City Council of Deputies
- Members of the House of Representatives for the city of Minsk
- Members of the Council of the Republic of the National Assembly for the city of Minsk
- BODIES OF EXECUTIVE POWER
- Minsk City Executive Committee
- Major Executives of Minsk City Executive Committee
- Minsk City District Administrations
- JUDICIAL POWER
- Minsk city court
- Minsk city economic court
- About Minsk