The Department of Ideological Work is a structural unit of the Minsk City Executive Committee.
The tasks of the Department:
- conduct of ideology of the Belarusian state within the city of Minsk,
- government regulation of strategy and tactics of ideological work, technology of mass state political campaigns,
- coordination and analysis of the effectiveness of this work at the level of local government,
- introduction of the priority lines of public information, and social and cultural policies,
- promotion of a common information space in the capital of the Republic of Belarus – the city of Minsk.
The main activities of the Department:
- broad awareness of the public, work collectives on domestic and foreign policies pursued by the President of the Republic of Belarus, the National Assembly, the Government of the Republic of Belarus, Minsk City Executive Committee and Minsk City Council of Deputies;
- organization of study and explanation of the most important decisions of the President of the Republic of Belarus, government bodies, international documents, as well as organization of their discussion with people at the place of their work and residence and in the media;
- analysis of the work of local authorities on the implementation of state policies in the sphere of social sciences, education and culture;
- conduct of workshops to exchange experiences and organize training of ideology staff;
- ensuring, in conjunction with the Minsk City Research Institute of Socio-economic Problems, of continued operation of sociological network;
- promotion of interaction between the Minsk City Executive Committee and political parties, movements, public and trade union organizations operating in the city, in accordance with the existing law;
- collaboration with scientific and research institutions, economic, sociological and political science centers, information and analytical services of various departments;
- analysis of information coming from the services of the Minsk City Executive Committee and other offices concerning the socio-political situation in the city, proposing the Minsk City Executive Committee authorities measures for its improvement as well as furnishing the press center with this information;
- implementation, together with the administrations of the city districts, interaction with the authorities of various organizations on issues of ideological work;
- organization and conduct, in conjunction with the public, social organizations, activities dedicated to the most important events of international and domestic life of the country and the city;
- organization of press conferences, interviews, briefings, meetings of representatives of the mass media with the authorities of the Minsk City Executive Committee and Minsk City Council of Deputies, heads of committees, departments, divisions and services, as well as coordination of the work of mass media and information structures in order to highlight the work of the city administration bodies;
- preparation and implementation of activities aimed at the development of mass media system;
- implementation of organizational and methodical guidance of the work of the departments of ideology of the district administrations;
- consideration of citizens’ proposals, applications and complaints relating to the competence of the Department.
The main forms of ideological work of the Department:
- organization of socially significant mass events,
- oral propaganda and agitation, individual and educational work,
- visual propagandistic work,
- interaction with mass media,
- cultural and educational and analytical work,
- work with citizens.
Last updated: 29 April 2013
Information provided by: Chief Department of Ideological Work of Minsk City Executive Committee