A sculptural composition "To Belarusians Living Abroad was opened on Troitskaya embankment on September 8, the "Minsk-Novosti" Agency Correspondent reports.
The commemorative sign is a wheel - one of the oldest Slavic symbols embodying the sun, the earthly circle of life, eternity. The image is complemented by a towel with a national ornament.
The bronze sculpture with a diameter of about 3 m is installed on a granite boulder.
The authors of the sculpture are Doctor of architecture, Professor Armen Sardarov and Sulptor, winner of the State Prize of the Republic of Belarus Alexander Finsky.
The opening ceremony was attended by the Foreign Minister of the Republic of Belarus Vladimir Makey, Minister of Culture Boris Svetlov and Chairman of the Minsk City Executive Committee Andrei Shorets.
To be completed.
Photo by Natalia Zayats
- City Authorities
- BODIES OF REPRESENTATIVE POWER
- Minsk City Council of Deputies
- Members of the House of Representatives for the city of Minsk
- Members of the Council of the Republic of the National Assembly for the city of Minsk
- BODIES OF EXECUTIVE POWER
- Minsk City Executive Committee
- Major Executives of Minsk City Executive Committee
- Minsk City District Administrations
- JUDICIAL POWER
- Minsk city court
- Minsk city economic court
- About Minsk